“As if prehistoric creatures weren’t enough to contend with, on this next island, Isla Muerta, you may have-uh, some meteorological events. You know, storms, extreme weather. That kind of thing. From time to time.”
- - Dr. Ian Malcolm
Isla Muerta, also known as Site C, is the second Jurassic World island operation, located in the Muertes Archipelago between Isla Matanceros to the north, and Isla Sorna to the south. Although known for its pleasant sunsets, Isla Muerta is often hit by powerful storms, while the island's geography necessitates monorails to connect different regions.
In the 1980s, the islands of the Muertes Archipelago, including Isla Muerta, were purchased from the Costa Rican government by InGen, in a 99-year lease which also covered the neighbouring Isla Nublar to the east. Although InGen was not known to operate a facility on Isla Muerta, Costa Rican fishermen were apprehensive about the entire island chain.
“Isla Muerta offers a greater challenge than the starting island. While it can enjoy pleasant sunsets, it is often ravaged by storms. Some areas can only be accessed via Monorail links.”
- - In-game description
- Isla Muerta is the second island available to players, and will prove more challenging to players than Isla Matanceros.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 https://www.jurassicworldevolution.com/the-islands#the-islands Jurassic World Evolution: The Islands
- ↑ Dinosaur Protection Group - Reports. Retrieved from http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/reports.html
- ↑ Wikipedia:The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- ↑ Available in the Deluxe Edition